On January 22, 1984, Apple Computer Inc released the Macintosh, the first personal computer with a graphical user interface (GUI) and a mouse. This revolutionary device was the first step in making computers easier and more usable for the common person. The Macintosh was a game changer in the computer industry, paving the way for the modern computers we use today.
The Macintosh was presented in a famous Super Bowl commercial that aired during the third quarter of the game. Directed by Ridley Scott, the ad featured a woman throwing a hammer at a giant screen and featured a dictator-like figure representing IBM, the dominant player in the personal computer market at the time. The ad ended with the Macintosh slogan “On January 2, Apple Computer introduces the Macintosh. And you’ll see why 1984 isn’t ‘1984’.” This ad was a huge success and created a lot of buzz on the Macintosh. Thanks to its innovative design and user-friendly interface, the Macintosh quickly became popular among consumers and marked the beginning of a new era of personal computers.
How about new MacBooks? Pros of the new MacBook Pro 16″ with 1TB and the M1 Pro chip:
– Performance and speed is improved with the new OS Aventura and the M1 Processor
– Finger ID feature is convenient and adds extra security
– Time Machine backup is the most reliable and fastest way to upload old data
– Good retail packaging that protected the laptop from impacts during delivery
Cons of the new MacBook Pro according to Amazon customers:
– Dead on arrival for some customers
– Performance issues with Lightroom and switching between photos for MXER22
– Laptop not showing SD cards and external hard drive for MXER22
– Lack of USB ports and need for adapters
– Keyboard is a downgrade from the old keyboard for some customers
And what do you think about new MacBook Pro 16″?