If you’re looking to buy a new juicer and looking for some advice, you’re in the right place. Here are a few points to help make the best decision. 1. How often the juicer will be used – If you intend to use the juicer every day, you should consider its durability aspect. The materials play a major role in terms of durability. Metal such as stainless steel is generally stronger compared to plastic or aluminum. If you accidentally drop it to the floor, the metal parts are not likely to break easily.
2. Juicer types – There are three common types of juicers, including centrifugal, masticating, and citrus/hydraulic press juicers. Centrifugal is relatively affordable, yet it does the juicing process very quickly. The biggest problem is that the juice may lose some of its important nutrients due to heat and oxidation resulted from the appliance’s rotating motor.
Masticating juicer works very slowly, but it produces more juice without losing a considerable amount of nutrients. The last type is citrus/hydraulic press juicer, which can only extract mostly citrus fruits. Compared to the previous two variants, the hydraulic press type delivers the highest amount of nutrients from citrus fruits. Before purchasing any type, you should know what you need the most.
3. Ease of operation and cleaning up – All juicers are generally easy to use. To make it work, you only need to plug in the power cord and press some buttons. If the juicer is not an electric-powered one, you only need to do some easy manual works. The appliance will deliver both juice and pulps, so you need to clean it after every use. Juicers that use dishwasher-safe parts are easy to clean.
4. Yield Percentage – Yield percentage is a comparison of the amount of juice and pulp produced by a juicer. An efficient juicer produces dry pulp, meaning almost all nutrients are completely extracted from the fruits or vegetables. You should be able to see this information in the product specification sheet.
5. Power – A 450-Watt motor is ideal and should be sufficient for every juicing. A more powerful motor operates in high temperatures; thus, it reduces the nutritional benefit of the juice. On the other hand, a less powerful motor may not be strong enough to crush hard-to-grind fruits. If possible, look for a juicer that has multiple speed/power options.
6. Replacement parts – Although most juicers come with a warranty, it can be difficult to find any replacement part. Therefore, it is best to purchase one with a well-known brand name. A brand is popular for many reasons, and easy-to-find replacement parts should be one of those reasons.
7. Warranty – Warranty should actually represent the product’s durability, so you can easily choose one that offers the longest warranty period. You have to read the warranty coverage carefully to understand what is covered and what is not.
Omega NC900HDC Review: Still The Best Low-Speed Masticating Juicer!
The Omega NC900HDC is a very popular juicer receiving thousands of positive reviews. One of the strongest points of Omega NC900HDC is that its parts are made of commercial-grade materials, yet the appliance is designed for home/non-commercial use. It is a masticating juicer, which is considered the most efficient variant among all available types. Besides the materials, this juicer also has other useful features described as follows.
1. Dual-stage extraction
Ensuring its efficiency, the Omega NC900HDC comes with dual-stage extraction, meaning the product will be processed twice through the mechanism in order to deliver more volume of juice. During the first extraction, your fruit or vegetable will be crushed to make the juice, leaving the pulp. In the second stage of extraction, the pulp is also squeezed. It leaves very dry pulp and brings more juice with more nutrients.
2. Masticating juicer
Among all types of juicers, masticating variant is considered the most efficient. The juicing process goes very slowly; thus, it runs at a very low temperature. The Omega NC900HDC runs at 80 RPM. The absence of heat minimizes oxidation, so the nutrients in the fruit or vegetable remain intact even after the juicing process. Furthermore, you can store the juice for 72 hours without any considerable degradation in terms of form and nutritional value.
The materials indeed promise great durability value, yet the manufacturer offers an excellent 15-year warranty, ensuring its overall quality. It is one of the longest warranty offers in the industry.
4. Durable parts
The auger is made of GE’s ULTEM material. It is eight times stronger compared to most plastic materials equipped in juicers. The Omega NC900HDC also consists of few parts only, so you can easily assemble, disassemble, clean, and reassemble it.