How to Clean a Memory Foam Pillow For months or even years, your memory foam pillow has been serving you and helping you enjoy a comfortable sleep. Unfortunately, it is starting to get a little dirty. If this is the case, it is important to know how to clean a memory foam pillow to continue experiencing its amazing benefits.
Memory foam pillows are special types of pillows that have started to become popular and in-demand these days. This is a different kind of pillow as this has the capacity to reduce if not completely get rid of snoring problems, relieve back pains, and reduce risks of suffering from a stiff neck. Memory foam pillows can maximize your level of relaxation and comfort while you sleep and at the same time, they protect your body from muscle pains.
Best Way To Clean Your Memory Foam Pillow
It is important to wash a memory foam pillow every now and then in order to avoid the accumulation of dirt or even bacteria that can compromise your health. Though you cannot just toss it inside the washing machine as you do with other kinds of pillows, you can clean a memory foam pillow at home by several simple steps:
Things You Need
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Fabric Cleaner Shampoo
- Spry Bottle
How To Clean
- Start by using your vacuum cleaner’s upholstery attachment for cleaning off any surface dirt on your pillow. If possible, try to vacuum both sides of the pillows as well as their edges.
Using a spray bottle, combine two parts of water and one part of fabric cleaner. Shake the bottle to properly mix the ingredients.
- Spray the entire pillow with a light mist of the mixed cleaner. Never saturate since memory foam pillows tend to grow mold when water seeps too deep into the material. Allow the mixture to sit on the pillow for 30 minutes.
- Once 30 minutes is up, you can use a clean towel for getting out the excess water.
- Apply one more misting off cleaner. By this time, you have to bloat the foam right away. When the stains are removed, you can go on to the next step. If not, you can repeat the steps and focus on the dirty areas until you are completely sure that your pillow is already clean.
- You can dump the cleaner then fill water into your spray bottle. Rinse your pillow and blot with another clean towel. If needed, you can repeat the step until you removed the dirt and you are sure that all the cleaning chemicals were also removed from the pillow.
- Wring out the pillow to make sure that no water is left in it. For this step on how to clean a memory foam pillow, you might want to ask the assistance of a helper.
- Put your hairdryer on its lowest temperature setting to dry out the remaining water in the pillow. Be careful in not using a hot setting or getting too close to the foam as you can melt it accidentally.
Don’t worry if you cannot wash a memory foam pillow in your washing machine because with these simple and easy steps, you are assured that your pillow remains clean to give you the best sleep that you deserve.